Academic assessment is led by Faculty Assessment Organizers (FAOs), with one FAO appointed for each undergraduate major, stand-alone minor and graduate program.
As assessment organizers, FAOs facilitate the assessment activities of their programs, including
- the assessment of at least one program learning outcome annually
- discussion of findings, including the identification of any actions suggested by the findings
- implementation of resulting actions, including any that address the assessment strategy itself
- development of a summary report that is shared with the school dean and the Senate Administration Council on Assessment and Planning (SACAP)
- the review, dissemination (to colleagues), and implementation of SACAP feedback as appropriate
FAOs also facilitate academic program review, a comprehensive, peer-review based review that each program undertakes once every seven years.
In conducting this work, FAOs are supported by their school-based assessment coordinators.
Visit People for a current list of FAOs.